Fire Damage in Paramus New Jersey
Preparation Tips for your Paramus Home
Have you inspected your smoke alarm system recently? You can prepare your household for the possibility of a fire and by doing so can help save lives. It may be difficult to even imagine a fire breaking out in your home, but that’s why taking the proper precautions can greatly affect the outcome of a house fire.
Here at SERVPRO of Paramus we offer these helpful tips provided by the American Red Cross to help families prepare for a fire emergency.
- Install the right number of smoke alarms. Test them once a month and replace the batteries at least once a year.
- Teach children what smoke alarms sound like and what to do when they hear one.
- Ensure that all household members know two ways to escape from every room of your home and know the family meeting spot outside of your home.
- Establish a family emergency communications plan and ensure that all household members know who to contact if they cannot find one another
- Practice escaping from your home at least twice a year. Press the smoke alarm test button or yell “Fire“to alert everyone that they must get out.
- Make sure everyone knows how to call 9-1-1
- Teach household members to STOP, DROP and ROLL if their clothes should catch on fire
Putting the Pieces Back Together
If you have experienced a fire in your Paramus home, we understand that it’s a traumatic and difficult situation to deal with. It can be hard to figure out where should things go from there, but that’s why we offer our fire restoration services, so we can help pick the pieces up and do everything within our power to put them back together. Our team has the expertise and advanced training that allows us to get your property restored quickly and thoroughly.
If you are in need of our services give us a call at (201) 445-5588