Why is SERVPRO So Much More Effective at Mold Removal Than Other Services?
SERVPRO Understands the Nature of Mold and Uses Various Advanced Techniques to Remove It from Your Paramus Home
Anyone living in Paramus knows that local conditions can be quite humid. This excess atmospheric moisture often fosters the rapid growth of harmful fungi like mold and mildew. When these growths develop, they can cause various effects ranging from cosmetic to the structurally destructive. Luckily, SERVPRO is often able to resolve such issues successfully.
How Does Mold Grow and Spread?
As an experienced Paramus mold removal service, we know the nature of mold, the reasons it proliferates, and have perfected techniques to mitigate or eliminate it effectively. When dealing with mold, we have learned that it is useful to remember its essential characteristics which are:
- Mold is naturally occurring and can exist almost anywhere outside or inside your home.
- Its spores are too small to be seen with the naked eye.
- It is moisture-loving and proliferates when it encounters water.
- Mold thrives on higher indoor humidity levels, especially those above forty-four percent.
- Its lightweight enables it to travel around easily: the wind can carry mold spores into your home through an opened door or window; spores can attach to your clothing and be unknowingly transported into your residence; pets can also carry them inside, and your HVAC system can blow them around your home’s interior.
- Mold usually gives off a strong, musty odor that makes impacted areas easier to locate
SERVPRO technicians, using cutting edge tools like moisture sensors and meters, thermohygrometers, and infrared cameras, can relatively quickly locate areas around your house where mold exists or could soon develop.
What Steps Does SERVPRO Take to Resolve Mold-Related Issues?
Since we have extensive training and experience in mold remediation in Paramus, our professionals know the best ways to eliminate the troublesome fungus and mitigate its effects, leading to our development of a time-tested process for resolving mold-related issues. In general, we take the following measures when cleaning up and restoring mold-damaged properties:
- Once you call us, we immediately evaluate your situation over the phone and determine the resources necessary for handling your problem.
- Since we understand that significant mold growth and damage can occur in just a few hours, our experts usually arrive on-site within four hours of your call to locate and assess mold damage.
- We then work to prevent mold from further spreading around your house by shutting off your HVAC system, employing work area seals, and creating negative air chambers to confine mold spores while your home is being remediated.
- Our technicians test the materials to see what is salvageable. They then clean and treat restorable household contents with antifungals and deodorants, and discard materials beyond repair.
- While your residence is being cleaned, we remove mold spores from the air with advanced filtration devices like HEPA vacuums and air scrubbers.
- Finally, if necessary, we replace damaged structural elements and reconstruct destroyed sections of your residence.
Ultimately, SERVPRO can help you successfully deal with every phase of the recovery process. Moreover, our policy of always trying to restore damaged materials first, rather than simply replacing them, saves you time and money.
What Specialized Content Remediation Services Does SERVPRO Offer?
We are unique in the cleaning and restoration industry in that we offer a wide variety of services dedicated to the protection and restoration of your household contents. These services include, among other things:
- Professional moving and off-site warehousing of contents to safeguard them from further damage
- Extensive inventorying and tracking of your furnishings and personal possessions to ensure that insurance claims are processed more smoothly
- Advanced photograph and document drying that ensures that these precious items are preserved
- Electronic cleaning that often prevents things like computers, TVs, and other electronic devices from being irreparably damaged by mold growths
Company experts are dedicated to doing whatever it takes to preserve your household contents and return them to their preloss condition. In their efforts, they carefully employ a wide variety of cleaning methods. These could include dry, wet, foam, spray & wipe, immersion, and abrasive cleaning techniques.
Mold is an omnipresent threat in New Jersey, and it does not necessarily require severe weather to encourage its growth in your home. Merely heightened humidity levels or minor water leaks can cause it to invade sections of your residence. If mold is not remediated quickly, these fungal growths could discolor structural elements and contents, cause persistent foul odors, and severely damage your home and possessions.
With all that said, your neighborhood SERVPRO of Paramus is always here to help you overcome your mold issues. Call us anytime at (201) 445-5588 for assistance.