What Can Flood Damage Do to My Hillsdale Basement?
Hillsdale Homes That Have Suffered Flood Damage Can Receive Mitigation Services from Disaster Cleanup Specialists
Basement flooding is one of the most common home maladies after a natural disaster in the Hillsdale area. Small-scale basement floods can be as much as $10,000, while more substantial flooding can rack up costs between $25,000 and $50,000.
If a disaster has left flood damage in your Hillsdale home’s basement, SERVPRO technicians can return your home to a preloss condition. Your local SERVPRO is also licensed to render general contracting services (license #13VH001305854800) for more effective rebuilding after flooding.
How Floods Can Affect Your Basement
- Foundation damage. If the foundation of your home has cracks, a ground flood can deepen these cracks, which can be costly and challenging to repair.
- Mold growth. Basements already often tend toward being humid and hospitable for mold, but this is amplified by the presence of floodwaters and contaminants that can allow microbes to spread.
- Overloaded waterproofing. Waterproofing systems in your basement, including sump pumps, may not be able to handle the amount of water that comes into your home. After cleanup, these systems may require repair or replacement.
SERVPRO’s Sanitation Strategies
Sanitation is key to flood damage mitigation and comes before drying. This process is essential to keeping homes safe because:
- Microbes can spread through the air when SERVPRO techs are operating air movers and dehumidifiers.
- The high contamination risk posed by floodwaters requires more stringent sanitation than a typical clean or gray water damage situation. Sewage, pests, and chemical runoff all create safety concerns that must be addressed promptly through sanitation.
- SERVPRO’s EPA-registered biocide solutions eliminate microbial proliferation, which curbs the spread of contaminants and odors.
After extraction and sanitation, structural drying can begin.
SERVPRO of Paramus supports the community with mitigation that is Faster to Any Size Disaster when you call (201) 445-5588.
Click here to learn more about Hillsdale.