Most Common Types of Homeowners Claims
Did you know that in 2016 losses due to natural disasters in the U.S. totaled $23.8 Billion in costs. Severe thunderstorms accounted for 60% of the losses at $14 Billion.
The most common types of homeowners insurance claims policy holders will file are:
1. Theft- Unlike most of the other types of losses this one can be prevented with security measures like an alarm system, safe box or my personal favorite a dog!
2. Wind Damage- Be sure to check trees and shrubs around your property to make sure they will not cause damage to your home. Also checking the shingles on your roof should be done yearly.
3. Water Damage (non-weather related)- This list includes causes like a pipe burst, leaky appliance, sump pump failure or even a sewer back up.
4. Water Damage (weather related)- This is most common in the Northeast where colder temperatures are common. Some measures can be taken to avoid instances like clearing out snow and ice to prevent buildup.
5. Hail Damage- This type is most common in the West and Midwest where golf ball sized hail can cause serious damage to property.
Restaurant Impossible: Ambush
MARCH 9th, 2016 at 9 PM only on the FOOD NETWORK
We have the date the show will air. Titled AMBUSH:FADED STAR will debut on Wednesday, March 9th, 2016 on the Food Network at 9 PM. We were there but we don't know how this one turns out. Watch the episode and other episodes on the Food Network.
Additional airings Thursday March 10th @ midnight and Saturday March 12th @ 5 PM.
We're not just fire, water and mold!
SERVPRO of Paramus/Northeast Bergen County to the rescue!
Emergency Ready Profile
One of our 8 production vehicles ready to respond to your emergency
The Best Way to Reduce Business Interruption Following a Disaster is to Plan For it NOW.
As many as 50% of businesses may never recover following a disaster, according to the latest industry research. Of the businesses that survive, the overwhelming majority of them had a preparedness plan in place. Pre-planning can serve as an insurance policy aimed at peace of mind.
*** This a NO COST assessment of your facility ***
Important contact and phone numbers as well as insurance information, contractor, plumber, electrician and roofer info and more at your fingertips no matter where you are. If you are stuck at home and circumstances don't allow you to get to your business, you have everything you need right there with you. SERVPRO of Paramus/Northeast Bergen County can help you coordinate at a time when you need help the most.
A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
It will only take a little time to complete and will not take you away from your current projects.
The SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) could be a valuable tool to help restore your business in the shortest amount of time possible.
To set up this free service, call Tony D'Arco @ SERVPRO of Paramus/Northeast Bergen County, CALL NOW or contact Tony via e-mail: TDarco@SERVPROparamus.com