How Bad can a Water Leak Be?
There are many outcomes that can come from a water leak, whether it be in a home or commercial establishment. If you spot a water leak have SERVPRO of Paramus evaluate and determine the severity of the water damage. We are available 24/7 and give us a call at (201) 445-5588 to set up an appointment.
You can find some helpful ideas bellow when it comes to spotting and determining if there are any water issues going on that may need to be addressed.
What should you watch out for?
- stains and discoloration on surfaces such as floors, walls, and ceilings.
- Swelling or buckling of floorboards.
- Standing water in low places such as basements, and under porches along the foundation.
- Water soaked insulation, electrical outlet covers, and light fixtures.
- If a room feels abnormally humid check to see if any furniture or drapery is wet.
What should you do if you find a leak?
If you do find a water leak you should turn off your water supply valve to prevent further damage and move any electrical items away from the affected area.
Turing off the water is the first step that should be taken to help prevent any further damage.
A water leak can be detrimental if not addressed quickly. Water damage can occur quickly and without much warning. Our SERVPRO professionals are available 24/7 to help with any and all water damage issues that you might have.